Podcast episode—Thank you’s, Shout Outs, and Happy Two-year Anniversary 21st Century Hannah!
- As I have mentioned in recent episodes, my one year podcasting anniversary was this past July 2016. But my platform 21st Century Hannah is two years old this month, the week before USA Thanksgiving, to be exact.
- During the last two years, I’ve learned first-hand how to build something from scratch without a clue as to how and what I was doing. I learned by trial and error, never fearing letting go of something that did not work. It wasn’t anything personal, but I was and am, on a mission. It’s a passion. I want this platform to be successful.
- I am passionate about creating the conversation that is needed to free childless not by choice women and men around the world, from an invisible prison. That prison is negative comments from friends, family, and strangers. That prison is negative thoughts, fear, shame, and sadness. These internal and external attacks attempt to block us from living our best most joyful lives. We cannot allow that!
- I know there will be those who just will not understand the vision. And that’s OK, but that will not stop me. For those who understand, thank you! And it looks like the vision has attracted a beautiful group of women who have come alongside me, mostly virtually. Ah, the power of the internet and social media. I receive articles, my social media content gets re-shared, and I receive words of encouragement, constantly from these women.
So, I want to give them a shout out:
- Freda H. of The Slim Goodies Foundation, for always re-sharing my content on Facebook. I mean always. You are awesome Freda, and I truly appreciate the re-shares. You understand the platform, even though you are not childless not by choice. When someone can help promote a platform to which they are not a demographic, that means they ‘get it’. And to me, that’s special!
- Next, I would like to give a shout out to Mimi! Mimi is also a mom. We attend the same church, and every time I see her, she tells me about the most recent episode she’s listened to. Mimi, that is a word of encouragement, and I thank you!
- I would also like to give a shout out to Emily M. Yet another mom. Emily has been sending me words of encouragement for quite some time. In fact, here is an excerpt from a message she sent me a few months ago. Wow, time flies. But here it is:
“…I immediately thought of the unique work you have been doing and how that must be a struggle some days but who else to do it? It’s a special calling and must be just for you which to me is the highest order of blessing one gets…
You carry people and inspire and learn and grow…every day of the week, and you are always so positive and uplifting. You remain open to difference, tolerant, compassionate, and try to be non-judgmental all the while knowing that living in Grace is THE biggest testament to who you are. “
All I can say is I can only try to live up to all of that! All I can see are my flaws and the fact that there is a lot I do not know. In fact, some days I wonder what in the world I am doing.
- I took such a huge risk two years ago, and I know that if I fail, I would at least have tried. I would have tried to create this safe place where childless not by choice women and men from around the world, could stop by for a time of refreshing, like when you stop by a well for fresh water; or a friend’s house for a cup of coffee.
- And I thanked Elaine S. on my last show. She sends me magazine and newspaper articles on childless not by choice issues around the world. Because many of those articles are stories from outside the U.S., I get to read and hear about these issues from a different perspective. It is a great reminder to all of us, that this is a global issue. Thanks again Elaine!
- Well! Two years! Time flies when you’re having fun right?! This creating awareness to and for the childless not by choice community on a global level, may sound simple enough. I mean I just put on some headphones and hit record, right? Well, not exactly. Aside from the fact that this platform is built on the premise that the conversation about childlessness will be had. The conversation can be different depending on where in the world the listener lives. Some listeners are daily living under threat just because they do not have any children. While some of us deal with it more on an internal issue, feeling shame, and hearing a snide remark occasionally. The fact is, in either case, childlessness not by choice is a heart issue.
- It has taken two years to build a platform I naively thought would see an instant mass of arrival of women who have needed this space. But alas, everything has happened as it should. I have had time to learn about myself, which means my heart will be more receptive to every type of listener and supporter, not just the childless not by choice person. I always say that God has a sense of humor. He sent mothers as well as childless women to come alongside me. Wow! I am humbled and honored! Awareness is truly being created, and globally, as some of the women mentioned live in other countries. Thanks again ladies!
- If you want to write in or call in like these ladies did, and do, don’t be shy. Remember, I went through pretty much what you are going through: mentally, physically, and emotionally.
- Does the platform have a long way to go? Yes, no, maybe; who knows? But I know this: 21st Century Hannah is my life’s work, my mission. And when will I know it is successful? When the following happens:
- When childless not by choice is discussed openly instead of whispered about.
- When a woman will not be judged if she opts not to go to a baby shower.
- When a woman in a third world country will not live in fear and at risk because she has no children.
- When a professional woman running for office is not told she is not a good fit because she is not a mother!
- When we will not be judged by strangers who do not even know our story.
- When we can talk about and discuss the issues of childless not by choice openly, instead of in gossipy secrecy. That is when WE, all of us, will know the platform is successful. Not a moment before.
- So how exactly can you participate you ask? Why I am glad you asked! Leave me a review on iTunes, and while you are there, subscribe to the show so you get it automatically in your inbox twice per month.
- You may also subscribe to the free monthly newsletter by simply visiting my websites, civillamorgan.com or http://www.childlessnotbychoice.net. And when you visit the http://www.childlessnotbychoice.net site, there is a printable pdf list of daily affirmations available to anyone.
- I am so excited about that new addition to the site, because I love freebies. Who doesn’t? And like everything I do, it was created with excellence. I worked on that list for quite some time! Affirmations are typically personalized, so I wanted it to be helpful to everyone who reads it.
If you would like your own personalized list, DM me on Facebook or Twitter, we will schedule a 15-minute conversation, and I will create your affirmations based on that conversation. All for just $25.00 U.S., pre-paid.
- Other ways to stay in contact with me and with the platform, include joining my Facebook groups and pages. Two of the groups are for childless not by choice women only, but the other groups and pages are open to anyone interested in the platform. If you have trouble finding the groups when you go to Facebook, there is a link directly from the Home page of the childlessnotbychoice.net website to the Closed group. If you want to join the Private group, DM on Facebook or Twitter, and I will add you. My podcast producer/web builder and I, are always thinking of ways to make things easily navigable for visitors.
- Finally, we have added a donate button on both websites, civillamorgan.com and on http://www.childlessnotbychoice.net. Your donations will go toward maintenance of the podcast including paying for production, buying equipment such as microphones and adapters, and upgrades in automated systems. So definitely toward a worthy cause as I continue to enhance the quality and reach of the platform. The funds will also go toward changes and upgrades on the website, and to help me create the free and paid courses I am currently working on for our community. These courses cost money to create, and I still want to be able to offer free courses as well as fee courses. So, I appreciate all donations!
- Finally, finally, all my contact information is below. If you want to leave me a 90 second or less voicemail, click the speak pipe icon on the right side of the childlessnotbychoice.net site.
- Thanks again to the ladies I mentioned above, and thank you to everyone who has been a part of the platform since day one. You know who you are! I thank God for putting you all in my path!
- Want to take a quick survey? See the link below in the show notes!
Until next time! Bye!
My contact information:
Pinterest: Civilla M. Morgan, MSM
LinkedIn: Civilla Morgan, MSM
Here are some articles Elaine forwarded to me. Hard to believe in this day and age that there are such ‘uncouth’ yet educated people and leaders in our society. But they do exist! We really have a lot of work to do globally. I’m up to the task, are you? Creating awareness will help eradicate this type of ignorance.
PLEASE COPY PASTE THE SURVEY LINK BELOW INTO YOUR BROWSER, AND TAKE THE SURVEY. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!